CAREER MONDAYS: Creating, achieving your personal development plan
A personal development plan helps you to grow and achieve. So why do so few people take the time to create one? Two potential reasons are:
- Lack of know how
- Fear of limiting themselves
5 key steps in creating a personal development plan
- Do a personal stock-take of your strengths and development needs. As well as your own assessment get the input of others. They can often see talents that you don’t.
- Think about what development will help you most in achieving your goals.
- Decide which methods of delivery will have greatest impact on your learning.
- Set out a calendar of development events for the next 12 months.
- Put an accountability structure in place to ensure you follow through.
Benefits of creating a personal development plan
- You give a clear message that you take your contribution to business success seriously.
- You can start to work on the areas that are less developed so that you become even more of an asset to your employer.
- If things are not progressing as you would like career wise you can demonstrate to a potential new employer what you can contribute with real impact.
- You take informed choices about the type of roles you pursue rather than leaving it to chance.
- You continue to grow, be motivated and stretch yourself to achieve what you desire.
Take a look at our online professional development courses Click Here
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | NEWSNIGHT | Punguza Mizigo, BBI or No Referendum?