CAREER MONDAYS: Replace the CV objective with a personal brand statement
Does your objective statement on your CV resemble the ones below in tone and style?
- I am seeking employment with a company where I can grow professionally and personally.
- I seek challenging opportunities where I can fully use my skills for the success of the organization.
- I want to succeed in a stimulating and challenging environment that will provide me with advancement opportunities.
- I want to excel in this field with hard work, perseverance and dedication.
- I want a highly rewarding career where I can use my skills and knowledge for organizational and personal growth.
- I am seeking a company where I can use my experience and education to help the company meet and surpass its goals.
- I want to succeed in an environment of growth and excellence to meet personal and organizational goals.
- I am seeking a competitive and challenging environment where I can serve your organization and establish a career for myself.
Personal Branding can replace the “Objective” statement as a more strategic approach to engaging the reader’s attention.
Your personal brand should be:
- Credible, relevant and expresses your unique value.
- Consistent throughout your resume, cover letter, online and personal networking.
- A key marketing tool in differentiating you from the competition.
Now compare these two statements. The first is a usually stated objective, a somewhat uninformative introduction. The second is a strong personal brand statement. Which one has more impact for this Senior Retail Manager’s resume?
OBJECTIVE: To secure a position as a Retail Manager in a fast growing company.
Steadfast, committed and passionate sales leader, conceives and deploys creative proposals to overcome challenges and advance organizational measurables. Motivating and enthusiastic mentor and coach, instils ownership to engage successful performance-driven teams. Intuitive and attentive listener, readily uncovers customer need to offer viable and enticing product solutions.
Using a personal branding statement helps you stand out. It speaks volumes about you. Get a free CV Review Click Here
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Sossion: What is happening to KNUT is a test for labour movement in this country | NEWSNIGHT |