CAREER MONDAYS: The One QUESTION Your Cover Letter MUST Ask From The HR Manager
Imagine receiving a letter from a salesperson who wants to sell you an exciting new product. S/he focuses on all the reasons why this is such a great item. But nowhere does the person ASK for the purchase! You are not as likely to buy it. Right?
The same thing is true with a job search cover letter. Unless you ASK the employer for the opportunity to be interviewed you probably won’t hear the phone ring.
ASK and you will receive!
If you don’t land the job interview, you certainly will not land the job, so put first things first. “write a great cover letter that sparkles with friendliness and professionalism.”
- Begin by show the hiring manager the depth of your interest and your knowledge of the company. “Where and how you heard about the position, research about their company and the role the job plays in the overall scheme of their goals.”
- State your qualifications for the position you want.
- Tell the hiring manager how you can apply your talents and skills to benefit their company and the results you believe you can achieve.
- Point out the relevance of your past accomplishments to the needs of their company.
- ASK for an interview clearly and directly.
Where in the cover letter should you make your request? “In the beginning and again at the end.
Example at the beginning of your cover letter:
When I saw your advert for an accountant, I realized that this is a perfect match for me and would like to meet you in person next week, to show you how my five years of experience in this area will increase profits and streamline procedures.
Example at the close of your cover letter:
Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I’m available to meet you for an interview at your own convenience to discuss how I can be of benefit to you organization and the possibility of joining your team.
Now write that cover letter and don’t forget to ASK. Then keep your phone and your calendar handy!
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | NEWSNIGHT | Punguza Mizigo, BBI or No Referendum?