Legendary rapper DMX almost dies from drug overdose
Legendary American rapper Earl ‘DMX’ Simmons almost died from a drug overdose in Yonkers on Monday night – but cops saved his life, reports Fox News.
The 45-year-old Slippin singer collapsed next to a white BMW – and stopped breathing – in the parking lot of a Ramada Inn at around 6:20 p.m., the sources said. He also had no pulse.
Four cops gave him CPR and a medic injected him with Narcan, an anti-opioid used to reverse the effects of a heroin overdose, the police source said.
A witness at the scene, who knows the rapper, said he had taken a powdered drug before he collapsed. He became “unconscious” and was rushed to a nearby hospital.
“The cops did a great job, they saved (his) life – no doubt about it,” a police spokesman said.
A rep for DMX claimed early Tuesday he had suffered another asthma attack. However, a source familiar with the situation differed: “They’re trying to cover up by saying it was an asthma attack. Obviously they don’t want to put out that this was an overdose.”
No drugs were found at the scene and no criminal charges were filed, the police source said.
Simmons was arrested in October for allegedly failing to pay $10,000 (Ksh1 million) a month in child support, according to the Journal News.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: NEWSNIGHT | Kalonzo quizzed over claims of support for Uhuru term extension