10 easy steps to make a perfect pizza
Did you know that it is possible to make the same great pizza you buy at the restaurant in your home, using your regular oven?
You can get a chewy crust and stretchy cheese pizza at home by following our easy step-by-step how-to;
2 tablespoon salt
2 table spoon tomato sauce
Pizza topping of your choice.
- Put the flour, salt and semolina in a large bowl and stir.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour water and the olive oil and mix it till the dough takes shape. Add more water if the dough feels tight or hard.
- After the flour is hydrated, place it on a clean surface and knead it for 10-15 minutes till it is soft, smooth and bouncy.
- Grease a bowl with olive oil then cut a piece of the dough and mold it to a ball before placing it on the bowl. Cover it with a plastic wrap and let it rise for at least an hour.
- When the dough has risen, take it out and knead it again. Divide it into two equal portions, shape them into a ball and cover them with a kitchen towel and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to its highest setting. Place a pizza stone or an upturned baking tray
- Dust the work area with semolina and roll out the dough to form a circle that will fit in your pizza stone.
- Transfer the pizza on a dusted plastic board.Cover the surface with half of the tomato sauce and toppings of your choice.
- Slide the pizza on the pizza stone and cook till the base is golden brown and the toppings are bubbling.
- Repeat this with the remaining dough to make more pizza.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | PAIN IN SERVICE | Frontline workers narrate the ordeal of fighting Covid-19