How to know your safe days
Sperm can live inside the uterus for up to five days after having sex.
Pregnancy occurs if there are sperms in the uterus or fallopian tubes when you ovulate.
Keeping track of your fertile window helps determine the best time to get pregnant or prevent it if you are not ready.
Healthline Media recommends these steps to determine your safe days:
- Record the day you start your menstrual period for around 8 to 12 months and count the total number of days in that cycle.
The first full flow day of your period is day one.
- Record the longest and shortest cycles within those months
- To get the first day of your fertile window, subtract 18 days from the length of your shortest cycle
- To get the last day of your fertile window, subtract 11 from the length of the longest cycle
- The time between the shortest and the longest day is your fertile window
Your best bet to avoid getting pregnant at this time is to avoid having unprotected sex.
However, other family planning methods such as contraceptives are available and may work best in consultation with your gynecologist.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Former sports CS Hassan Wario convicted over Rio games scam