Ladies, your love for makeup could be ruining your skin
Roman philosopher Plautus once said; “A woman without paint is like food without salt.” Over time, a majority of women have come to embrace makeup. Some of the most popular videos on YouTube are almost exclusively about makeup, well, and cats.
But even as more and more women get into it for whatever reasons, if not well managed, the greatest victim is almost always the skin.
Sleeping with make up on not only leaves you with acne because of clogged pores but also breaks down healthy collagen, according to dermatologists.
To achieve or maintain beautiful young looking skin, consider some of these tips:
- Wash off make up with warm water, which is kind on the skin. It is advisable to use mild soap that will not rip of weak tissues of your skin.
- A simple facial massage would help a great deal. The massage encourages detoxification and lymphatic drainage that reduces inflammation. “Skin cells are activated increasing oxygen flow to the facial muscles. The face is less likely to fall into deep wrinkles,” says Laura Smith, a dermatologist.
- Pat your face dry with a smooth towel as opposed to rubbing too harshly. Rubbing irritates skin and carrying off moisture leading to breakage.
- Pay attention to the area around your eyes. If the makeup products in use enter the eye, they cause irritation and in the long term destroy them.
Dr. Julie Karen, a dermatologist at Complete Skin in New York City, was quoted by an American media as saying: “Skin around your eyes is thinner and more delicate and fragile than the rest of your skin.”
- Most importantly, keep hydrated. Experts have proven that water improves blood circulation throughout the body to remove toxins and give a rosy complexion.
Dazzle that youthful look away!
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | CANCER COUNTRY | Pain of cancer patients across country [Part 1]