List: Roads to be closed for Sunday’s Standard Chartered marathon
The Standard Chartered marathon kicks off on Sunday, October 27 with roads in Nairobi set to be closed for participants.
The routes include Museum Hill, Uhuru Highway, a section of Langata Road, Kenyatta Avenue, University Way, Haile Selassie, Forest Road and Harambee Avenue.
Below is the schedule:
From Midnight to 12:30pm
- Mombasa Road to the city centre
From 4am to 1pm
- City centre to Westlands, Kileleshwa, Muthaiga, Kiambu Road, Thika Road, Mombasa Road, Westlands, Karen via Langa’ta Road
- Westlands/Parklands to city centre, Karen, Lang’ata Road, Mombasa Road
- Hurlingham/Kileleshwa to city centre
- Lang’ata to city centre and to Mombasa Road via South C
- Karen to city centre via Westlands and to JKIA via Mombasa Road
- Embakasi to city centre, Parklands/Westlands, South C, Lang’ata, Kileleshwa
Vehicles from Mombasa or Machakos, heading to Nakuru and Thika are advised to use the Eastern By-pass and the Thika Highway.
Those from Nakuru headed towards Mombasa Road are advised to use the Eastern and Northern bypasses.
This year’s Standard Chartered marathon is the 17th edition and attracts over 20,000 participants from across the globe.
“Since the launch of the Marathon in 2003 only one winner has successfully defended their title. Every year the marathon produces new winners,” a statement on the bank’s website reads.
Peter Gitau, Standard Chartered COO and Chairman, said they are expecting over 25,000 participants and hope to raise Ksh. 60million.
The funds are to be channelled to ‘Future makers’, a new community project by Standard Chartered Bank, that supports youth in Kenya.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate