11-year-old girl electrocuted in Migori
An 11-year-old girl was on Sunday evening electrocuted after coming into contact with a metallic clothesline at Marindi village in Awendo sub county, Migori County.
The young girl, Jully Apiyo Ouda, was walking when she came into contact with the metallic clothesline which was electrified due to a faulty connection done by a nearby church. The church had tapped electricity from the girl’s home so as to hold a their crusade.
Area chief, Richard Ombok Ochieng, said the girl died on the spot after touching the electrified clothesline.
Outraged by the minor’s death, residents demanded Kenya Power cracks down on illegal power connections to avoid unnecessary deaths.
The body has since been moved to RAPCOM hospital mortuary in Awendo Sub County.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | NEWSNIGHT | Punguza Mizigo, BBI or No Referendum?