Three notorious Bungoma robbery suspects gunned down
- Police had been notified at around 10pm that the suspects were planning to conduct a raid.
- Police intercepted the trio at Makhonge area and ordered them to stop but they declined and a shoot-out ensued.
- After a long pursuit, three were shot dead while another escaped with gun wounds.
Three Bungoma robbery suspects have been gunned down and weapons recovered after police acted on a tip-off.
Police found the suspects with an AK-47 rifle, two magazines and 53 rounds of ammunition on Friday night.
According to Kimilili Deputy County Commissioner Reuben Loyotoman, the gun recovered was from Uganda.
“One AK 47 Serial No. UG 09441999, two (2) magazines and fifty three (53) rounds of 7.62mm special recovered,” he said.
Police said the Bungoma robbery suspects were on their ‘Wanted’ list as they have been terrorizing residents over the past few months.
One of them is believed to be Zakayo Omae Ngome alias Kibet who is claimed to have been on the run.
They had been notified at around 10pm that the Bungoma robbery suspects were planning to conduct a raid at Chesamis, Kimilili.
Police intercepted the trio at Makhonge area and ordered them to stop but they declined and a shoot-out ensued.
After a long pursuit, three of the Bungoma robbery suspects were shot dead while one escaped with gun wounds.
Police said they had been trailing the suspected thugs for a long time.
The recovered firearm was taken to Nairobi for a ballistic report while the bodies were moved to Webuye District Hospital awaiting postmortem.
The joint operation was conducted by officers from CCIO Bungoma County, DCIO Bungoma East and DCIO Kimilili.
Report by Cheptai Namisi
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: On Viusasa, now you can download your videos and play them back later