7-year-old boy who was ran over by DP Ruto convoy passes on


7-year-old boy who was ran over by DP Ruto convoy passes on
File image of Deputy President William Ruto. PHOTO| COURTESY

Sidney Mambala Felix, the 7-year-old boy who was ran over by DP William Ruto’s convoy in Busia County, has died.

According to a statement from the DP’s office, Felix died after he was rushed to the hospital on Friday evening.

“Saddened by news of the passing on of Sidney Mambala Felix, a young and bubbly boy. Followed closely the situation after I was informed of the unfortunate incident and, now, deeply condole with the family of Mzee Mambala, his peers and friends for the grave loss of a loved one,” Dr. Ruto said on Twitter on Saturday morning.

“I have spoken with Mzee to pass my consideration and assured the family of reference and support during this difficult time. May God rest young Sidney in eternal peace,” he added.

Felix was ran over on Friday by one of the DP’s vehicles that was carrying his Press team, according to edaily that broke the story.

The DP and his team were leaving Butula where he had addressed pupils and parents from St. Benedict’s Budalangi and Kingandole Secondary schools.

Five hours later, Dr. Ruto took to Twitter to acknowledge that he had been informed of the accident involving Sidney.

“It has come to my attention that after leaving a function in my development tour of Busia County, a young boy, Sidney Mamba Felix, got in an accident involving a car in my entourage,” the DP said.

The boy was rushed to Port Victoria Hospital where he later died.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: KEMRI scientists examine safety of anti-malarial drugs in first trimester of pregnancy

Citizen Reporter
Story By Citizen Reporter
More by this author