75-year-old woman killed in house fire in Migori


File image of house on fire
File image of house on fire

A woman aged 75 years died on Saturday night in a house fire at Keyo village in Awendo Sub-county, Migori County.

Area Chief Maurice Asindi said the elderly woman identified as Roslyne Odao Abiero burnt to death in the inferno whose cause could not be immediately established.

Mr. Asindi said the death of the woman who had been living alone was discovered Sunday morning by one of the locals who had gone to a church located a few meters from the deceased’s home.

He said they suspect that the house fire started at night but was not noticed by neighbours due to heavy rains experienced in the region last night.

The area chief said the body of the elderly woman which was found lying on the bed had been burnt beyond recognition, with some parts of her body being  reduced to ashes.

Mr.  Asindi said they are yet to establish the cause of the inferno however they suspect that it was either caused by a tin lamp or the fire she had used for cooking last night.

Further investigations into the incident are underway.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate

Avatar
Story By George Juma
More by this author