Bobi Wine’s brother arrested on way to airport to receive him
In SummaryThe guidelines from Uganda Police regarding Bobi Wine's arrival on Thursday:
- On his arrival, the Hon. MP will be received at Entebbe International Airport by his immediate family.
- He will be availed security from the airport to his home.
- Police will further ensure law and order for all road users.
- There shall be no unlawful rallies, processions and assemblies.
- Any activity that entails a public gathering must be in conformity with the provisions of Public Order Management Act (POMA).
- The Hon. MP is expected to comply with the traffic laws and regulations.
Eddie Yawe, the elder brother to Bobi Wine, has been arrested in Uganda under unclear circumstances.
Local media report that Yawe was on his way to Entebbe Airport to receive his brother but was waylaid by police.
He is reportedly being detained at Entebbe Police Station.
Uganda police had on Wednesday said only Bobi Wine’s immediate family members would be allowed to receive him at the airport.
They listed six guidelines that Bobi Wine and Ugandan residents are expected to adhere to on Thursday.
They also warned Ugandans against gathering on the streets to welcome back the Kyadondo East MP who returns to the country after seeking treatment abroad.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: CBK\'s guidelines on how to return 1000 notes