Canadian national, four Kenyans linked to dusitD2 terror attack detained for 30 days
A Canadian national and four Kenyans were arraigned on Friday with police suspecting that they are linked to the dusitD2 terror attack.
They are Guleid Abdihakim (Canadian), Joel Ng’anga Wainaina, Oliver Kanyango Muthee, Gladys Kaari Justus and Osman Ibrahim.
The five were brought to the Milimani Law Court under a miscellaneous application for police to complete investigations before charges can be preferred against them.
Principal Magistrate Martha Mutuku ordered that the five suspects be detained for 30 days.
She further directed that they be placed in custody at any police station of the investigators’ choice.
A statement from the Director of Public Prosecution Noordin Haji said: “The team of investigators has so far covered considerable ground in the investigations and upon preliminary review of the investigations file, I am satisfied there is probable cause to continue with investigations against all suspects.”
The DPP further termed the investigations as ‘complex and transnational’ which requires more time and resources to unravel the syndicate.
The matter will be mentioned on Feb 18, 2019.
21 people lost their lives in the Tuesday attack at dusitD2 which is located within the 14 Riverside office and hotel complex.
Dozens others were injured even as security forces managed to evacuate 700 people.
All the gunmen were killed during the standoff and some of their accomplices arrested.
Al Shabaab have claimed responsibility citing U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
The attack that took almost 18 hours was almost similar to the 2013 Westgate siege where 71 people were killed.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: \'President’s decision caught me by no surprise, I feel relieved,\' Kiunjuri says after being fired