Case against controversial Nairobi businessman Chris Obure fails to kick off


Case against controversial Nairobi businessman Chris Obure fails to kick off
Controversial Nairobi businessman Chris Obure (RIGHT) and his bodyguard Robert Bodo (LEFT) in court on February 8, 2021. PHOTO / COURTESY

The firearm case against controversial Nairobi businessman Chris Obure on Monday failed to kick off after the prosecution told the court that the trial magistrate was not sitting.

The court was however told that four witnesses were ready to testify.

Obure together with his bodyguard Robert Bodo were last year charged with the offense of failing to secure his firearm.

It is alleged that on August 21 last year at Senteu Plaza, while being a licensed firearm holder, Obure unlawfully allowed his firearm to be used by Bodo to advance the cause of murder.

Bodo had been charged with two counts;  possession of a firearm without a certificate and being in possession of ammunition.

They denied the charges and are out on a Ksh.50, 000 cash bail each.

The case will now be mentioned on March 16 before the trial court for directions.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: Guns galore

Avatar
Story By Dzuya Walter
More by this author