Child survives arson attack in Rongo after family accused of witchcraft
- One child survived the night attack without injuries.
- The bodies of the deceased have been moved to Rosewood hospital mortuary.
- No arrests have been made so far.
A child escaped unharmed after an arson attack in Rongo which saw five of the family members killed over alleged witchcraft practices.
Four others were seriously in the incident that occurred in Buoyo Nyangao village.
According to Rongo OCPD Peter Kirui, the family was attacked on Thursday night.
It is alleged that neighbours torched several houses at the home killing five on the spot.
The police boss said four family members sustained serious burn injuries and were rushed to nearby hospital.
The bodies of the deceased have been moved to Rosewood hospital mortuary.
Meanwhile, the sub county police boss has urged locals to desist from mob justice urging them to report any suspicious activity to the police.
No arrests have been made so far.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: \'President’s decision caught me by no surprise, I feel relieved,\' Kiunjuri says after being fired