Coronavirus: All 239 passengers who arrived at JKIA aboard Chinese airline cleared
The Kenyan government says all 239 passengers who arrived in Nairobi on Wednesday, February 26 aboard a China Southern Airlines flight have been cleared of Coronavirus.
A statement issued by the Ministry of Health indicated that the passengers were “screened onboard, cleared and advised to self-quarantine for the next 14 days.”
“The Ministry of Health continues to be on high alert to ensure there is no importation of COVID-19 into the country,” said the Ministry, further pointing out that China Southern Airlines resumed its flights to Nairobi on Wednesday.
According to the Health Ministry it has so far investigated 17 Coronavirus alerts, all of which have tested negative.
“On Tuesday, February 25, 2020 two alerts, one along Riara Road and the other in Valley Arcade Nairobi County, were investigated and both did not meet the World Health Organization (WHO) case definition criteria,” said the Ministry.
Meanwhile, the Health Ministry has advised Kenyans against non-essential travel to countries experiencing the outbreak and to remain vigilant, noting that the risk is still high.
At the same time, anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as fever, coughing, difficulty in breathing and sneezing with a history of recent travel to the affected countries is advised to seek urgent medical attention.
According to the World Health Organization, as of February 25, 2020, a total of 80,239 cases and 2,700 deaths had been reported as a result of Coronavirus.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate