Court declines to block anti IEBC protests
The High Court has this morning (Monday) declined to block the planned anti IEBC demonstrations by CORD leaders and their supporters.
While delivering the ruling, Justice Onguto said that the five MPs who filed the case failed to provide evidence to warrant such an order.
Justice Onguto however ordered the police to provide security and ensure public safety during the countrywide protests.
Onguto has further stressed that the removal of IEBC commissioners from office as is being pushed for by CORD leaders must be done within the law.
This order comes after five Jubilee MPs led by Kabete Member of Parliament Ferdinand Waititu moved to court seeking orders to stop CORD leaders from protesting against IEBC terming them illegal.
Meanwhile, traffic on the streets around Anniversary Towers that houses IEBC offices remains normal.
Yesterday, CORD leaders vowed to resume the protests today (Monday) to push for the disbandment of the electoral body after efforts to initiate dialogue with the government failed.
CORD leaders led by Raila Odinga, Moses Wetangula and Kalonzo Musyoka had earlier on suspended the demos to allow dialogue on the fate of IEBC with the Jubilee Government.
This also comes amid calls by religious leaders for dialogue instead of protests.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: KEBS MD says no mercury found in sugar