DCI Kinoti speaks on Sarah Wairimu’s application to have him detained
- DCI Kinoti, in a letter by his lawyer Donald Kipkorir, said his office had also confirmed not receiving the alleged application.
- The DCI, who is presently out of the country, hence asked Sarah’s lawyer – Philip Murgor -to serve his lawyer with the application.
Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) George Kinoti has stated that he is yet to be served with an application by Sarah Wairimu Cohen seeking to have him detained for contempt of court.
DCI Kinoti, in a letter by his lawyer Donald Kipkorir, said his office had also confirmed not receiving the alleged application.
The DCI, who is presently out of the country, hence asked Sarah’s lawyer – Philip Murgor — to serve his lawyer with the application.
“…at the moment he is out of the country on official assignment but read online that you filed contempt of proceedings against him,” reads the letter by Kipkorir to Murgor.
“He has inquired from his office and they confirmed that you haven’t served them with the alleged application.”
Sarah Wairimu Cohen on Tuesday filed an application at the High Court seeking to have DCI Kinoti detained for a period of six months for contempt of court.
Sarah, who was charged with killing her husband Tob Cohen, claimed that the DCI disobeyed court orders issued on September 16, 2019.
High Court Judge Jessie Lessit last month barred the DCI as well as the prosecution from addressing the media on the investigations and evidence in the murder of the Dutch tycoon.
Through lawyer Phillip Murgor, Sarah argued that DCI Kinoti disregarded the court orders by inferring her guilt.
In the case, Sarah denied charges of killing her husband Tob Cohen and is out on a cash bail of Ksh. 2 million.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | CANCER COUNTRY | Pain of cancer patients across country [Part 1]