Details of Bob Collymore’s memorial service
- 9:00am Cathedral Opens 10:30am All Guests are Seated
- 11:00am Service Starts - Jazz Processional (“Smile” by Nat ‘King’ Cole)
- 11:05am Prayer - Provost the Right Rev. Canon Sammy Wainaina
- 11.10am Bob’s Journey - Joshua Oigara, Group CEO, KCB
- 11:20am Michael Joseph - Poem Reading and Tribute
- 11:30am Tributes:
- Ashley Chepkorir - Student, M-PESA Foundation Academy
- Charles Musandu - Safaricom Staff
- Nick Read - CEO, Vodafone Group
- Esther Muchemi - Chairlady, Safaricom Dealers Association
- Joshua Chepkwony - Telecommunications Community Representative
- Patrick Quarcoo - Business Community Representative
- Nic Hailey - Diplomatic Corps Representative • Nicholas Nganga - Chairman, Safaricom
- Peter Kenneth - Friends of Bob Collymore
- Esther Koimett - Government Representative • Wambui Collymore
- 12:30pm Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber
- 12:40pm Readings:
- 12:50pm Video
- 12:55pm Sermon - Provost the Right Rev. Canon Sammy Wainaina
- 1:15pm Offertory for the Church / Safaricom Choir
- 1:20pm Prayer for the Family
- 1:25pm Address by H.E. Uhuru Kenyatta, the President of the Republic of Kenya and Commander-in-Chief of the
- Armed Forces
- 1:40pm Vote of thanks - Joe Ogutu, Safaricom
- 1:45pm Final Prayers and Benediction
- 1:55pm Second Line / Jazz Recessional by Ghetto Classics and Safaricom Youth Orchestra (“My Way” by Frank Sinatra)
A memorial for the late Bob Collymore is set for Thursday at the All Saints Cathedral Church in Nairobi.
Guests are expected to be seated by 10:30am for the ceremony that will be attended by his family, friends, colleagues, government and industry leaders.
All Safaricom shops across the country will be closed for four hours until 2:30pm in honour of the late CEO.
Citizen TV’s Jeff Koinange who was a close friend to the late Collymore will be the Master of Ceremony.
Kenya Commercial Bank CEO Joshua Oigara is expected to kick off the ceremony by reading the eulogy as interim Safaricom CEO Michael Joseph reads his tribute and a poem.
He was just a regular guy who just happened to RUN the BIGGEST Telco in East and Central Africa! He did it……and then SOME!!! #RIPBobCollymore You were a GREAT Humanitarian and a Gentleman to the Core! I miss you already!! I can hear you playing that Sax at the Pearly Gates!! pic.twitter.com/9rUZT4QGIK
— Jeff Koinange, MBS (@KoinangeJeff) July 1, 2019
This will be followed by tributes from notable personalities such as President Uhuru Kenyatta, Vodafone Group CEO Nick Read, Radio Africa Group CEO Patrick Quarcoo (Business Community Representative) and U.K. High Commissioner to Kenya Nic Hailey (Diplomatic Corps Representative).
Peter Kenneth, a Kenyan politician will represent friends of the late Collymore while Esther Koimett, the Transport PS will speak on behalf of other Government officials who worked with the Safaricom CEO.
Collymore’s wife Wambui will be the final person to give her tribute.
On Wednesday, Wambui penned a heartfelt message to friends and family who had reached out to her on social media.
— Citizen TV Kenya (@citizentvkenya) February 6, 2017
“I am overwhelmed by all the love and beautiful messages I have been receiving from you all here. It is a true testament to the character of the special man I was lucky to love. I can’t respond to all your messages but know that I have read and received your warmth. Thank you.” her post reads.
They were married in 2016.
On Thursday, a team from from the Safaricom Youth Orchestra and Ghetto Classics–a community programme in Korogocho that the late Collymore had great interest, will perform a rendition of Frank Sinatra’s My Way.
Collymore’s interests in music, particularly of jazz genre also spanned to the Safaricom Jazz Festival that he often took the lead in organising.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: KEMRI scientists examine safety of anti-malarial drugs in first trimester of pregnancy