Dola to wait longer for sentencing over Wambui Kabiru murder
Moses Dola, who was found guilty of manslaughter following the killing of his wife Wambui Kabiru, will have to wait longer to know his fate.
A pre-bail report that was expected to be presented in court on Friday morning will not be ready until November 6, 2018.
Last week, Probation officers had been ordered to file the report to enable the court reach a conclusive verdict.
“The fatal assault was done by the accused…It is the accused who caused the death of the deceased..the conduct of Moses Dola was that of a guilty person,” Judge Roselyne Korir said.
Dola however told the court that he had not intended to kill Kabiru and that he was sorry.
Despite this, Lady Justice Korir ruled that the accused was the stronger party in the fight he was embroiled in with the late Kabiru.
His bail conditions were revoked and he was taken back into police custody awaiting sentencing.
Wambui was killed in the couple's house in Umoja Estate on 1/5/2011. Prosecution to prepare pre-sentencing report. Case mention: 26/10/2018
— ODPP_KE (@ODPP_KE) October 5, 2018
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Nic Hailey: UK doing a lot to support Kenyan troops\' stay in Somalia