DP Ruto asks billionaire Buzeki to step down for Mandago


DP Ruto asks billionaire Buzeki to step down for Mandago

Deputy President William Ruto has urged Uasin Gishu gubernatorial hopeful Kiprop Bundotich alias Buzeki to shelve his bid and support the incumbent, Governor Jackson Mandago in the August 8, 2017 polls.

Addressing a rally in Kapseret, Uasin Gishu County, Ruto said that there was need for a united Jubilee as the country heads to the election.

Buzeki, who is running on an independent ticket, lost the Jubilee primaries to Mandago but has been described as a fierce challenger.

An astute businessman, who runs a chain of companies, is said to be giving Mandago sleepless nights owing to his financial muscle.

Ruto urged aspirants who lost in the Jubilee primaries to support the party to ensure victory in the August polls.

Several contestants who lost in the Jubilee primaries left the party to run as independent candidates although supporting the re-election of President Uhuru Kenyatta.

Last week, outgoing Nakuru Governor, Kinuthia Mbugua, who lost in the Jubilee primaries, dropped his bid on an independent ticket to support Jubilee’s Lee Kinyanjui.

The announcement was made by President Uhuru Kenyatta during his tour of the region.

It, however, remains to be seen whether Buzeki will step down, with reports indicating that DP Ruto is under pressure to ensure that the two rivals reconcile and work together for the sake of the party.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: | WESTLANDS UNDERWORLD | Crooks, gov’t officials named in plot to grab man’s property

Avatar
Story By Cyrus Sholim
More by this author