Dubai Shopping Festival 2020: The incredible events lined up
The Dubai Shopping Festival kicked off its 25th edition with a spectacular opening ceremony at Burj Park, Downtown Dubai on December 26 and 27.
Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism) marked the countdown to the landmark 25th edition of Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF), with a three-city media roadshow across Africa.
A diverse calendar of DSF events was revealed to African audiences in Accra, Ghana; Nairobi, Kenya; and Kampala, Uganda on 20, 21 and 23 December, offering a glimpse into one of the world’s largest retail events, as well as the emirate’s ever-growing portfolio of experiences for leisure travellers.
The 38-day festival is set to feature show-stopping performances, immersive experiences, innovative brand activations and family-friendly celebrations until Saturday, February 1, 2020.
Shoppers and deal-hunters can find offers of up to 75 per cent off across close to 4,000 outlets of more than 1,000 participating brands and have the opportunity to engage and collaborate with tailor-made brand activations from global fashion, beauty, homeware and lifestyle retailers.
Commenting on the events, Salim Ali Mohamed Dahman, Head of Campaigns – Africa at Dubai Tourism, said: “Dubai continues to rank among the most popular destinations for audiences from across Africa, particularly as we observe retail emerging as a key component of their travel experiences, buoyed by flagship events such as Dubai Shopping Festival.
He added: “To further foster growth from across the African continent, we will continue to leverage our multi-layered marketing strategy to deliver specialised communications programming and bespoke experiences that can bolster Dubai’s world-class shopping credentials.”
According to the Dubai tourism department, there were 12.08 million international overnight visitors in the first nine months of 2019 to Dubai.
Here are the events lined up for the Dubai Shopping Festival:
EVENTS & EXPERIENCES
• Headline Concerts: Global superstars from around the world will descend upon Dubai throughout DSF to appeal to every taste and musical preference. The Coca-Cola Arena in City Walk hosted Pakistani sensation Rahat Fateh Ali Khan on December 27, while British pop star Ellie Goulding will take to the Arena’s stage on January 10.
At the outdoor Dubai Media City Amphitheatre, Egyptian superstar Amr Diab will perform his chart-topping hits including Nour El Ain and Ana 3ayesh on 24th January, in what is anticipated to be another sell out gig. More headliners will be announced in the coming days.
• An Evening with Rio Ferdinand: Manchester United and England football legend, Rio Ferdinand will present a live, unscripted interview at W Dubai – The Palm on 8th January where football fans can expect to hear personal stories and behind the scenes anecdotes of his illustrious career.
• Dubai’s first Hologram Concert: The first ever hologram concert in the city will debut this DSF, featuring a hologram of Umm Kulthum accompanied by a live orchestra of 20 musicians on stage, as well as the special performance of Sana’a Nabil, the granddaughter of Umm Kulthum taking place on 26 and 27 December at the Dubai Opera Grand Theatre.
• Yalla DSF (presented by Club Apparel): A unique feature this year, Yalla DSF is an interactive and innovative mobile game to engage with visitors and residents, available in English, Arabic, Mandarin and Russian. In collaboration with Apparel Group as the exclusive retail partner, the game will give players a chance to win exclusive prizes that are instantly redeemable. Saved to phone home screens rather than a downloadable app, the game will direct players to move around Dubai to activate further levels and win bigger prizes including an entry to a grand raffle.
• City Lights Installations: Art and technology will come together to create astounding interactive light installations at Burj Plaza from 7th January 2020 to 1st February 2020. Music, mirrors and colourful lights will combine to deliver the most ‘instagrammable’ moments in a unique festival vibe.
• World-Class Performers: The festive atmosphere will be experienced at every turn with roaming entertainment available around every corner of the city. International theatrical shows, musicians and artists will come together to offer exciting moments for family and friends across multiple locations throughout DSF.
• Daily Fireworks: A beloved DSF tradition, there is something in the air throughout the festival as world-class fireworks displays will splash the skies with colour and light every night at The Beach, Al Seef, La Mer, Dubai Festival City, Dubai Creek, The Pointe and The Dubai Frame.
• DSF Dine-In Specials: In celebration of the 25th edition, and powered by the online food app Zomato, DSF will include more than 1,000 restaurants providing discounts starting from 25 per cent for in-dining experiences to be used when signing up with the Zomato Gold membership programme, which will also provide a 25 per cent reduction in membership fees.
SHOPPING & PROMOTIONS
Shoppers across Dubai’s malls will enjoy offers of between 25 per cent and 75 per cent off international fashion, beauty, home and lifestyle brands.
• 12 Hour Sale: In a welcome tradition, DSF will kick off in style with an exclusive 12 Hour Sale at Majid Al Futtaim Malls, giving customers up to 90 per cent off at Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira, City Centre Me‘aisem, My City Centre Barsha and City Centre Al Shindagha. Running from midday to midnight on 26 December, this year will see 25 winners take home AED 10,000 vouchers to be spent at Majid Al Futtaim malls.
• DSF Surprises: From 2 to 26 January 2020, shopaholics are encouraged to keep DSF on their radar to discover daily surprise deals over 25 days. Deals are announced 24 hours in advance for one brand at one location.
• DSF Outdoor Markets: New to DSF this edition and created in tribute to the festival’s inaugural year, a series of pop-up markets will appear across the city in Last Exit, Al Khawaneej, Al Rigga Street and City Walk 2, combining the heritage of Dubai with innovative retail experiences and entertainment for all.
• Souk Heritage: Inspired by the bustling souks of the UAE, the Souk Heritage concept will become the cultural hub of DSF, with a traditional style market alongside 1.8km of the Dubai Creek in Al Seef allowing visitors to experience different cultures, enjoy shopping, dining, art and entertainment from around the world.
• Market Outside the Box (MOTB): MOTB reinvents itself as the ultimate hangout this 25th edition of DSF. Running from 16 January 2020 to 1 February 2020, MOTB is a live showcase of the hottest up-and-coming local, regional and international musicians and bands, as well as fashion and food vendors. Additionally, an enclosed experiential Game Zone taking up to 24 gamers, and a dedicated Kids Zone will make hearts race with adrenaline and keep visitors coming back for more.
RAFFLES & PRIZES
• DSF 25 SHARE Millionaires: In collaboration with strategic partner Majid Al Futtaim Malls, DSF presents an exciting promotion with their new SAHRE app giving consumers 25 Million reasons to shop. Shop at Majid Al Futtaim Malls for a chance to enter into the draw to become one of the 25 DSF SHARE Millionaires where each winner receives 1,000,000 SHARE points.
• DSF Skywards Millionaire: In collaboration with strategic partner The Dubai Mall, DSF has introduced a new promotion with the Emirates Airlines Skywards programme. On a certain spend at any of The Dubai Mall stores, shoppers will have the chance to enter into a draw to become one of 5 DSF Millionaires in Skywards Miles, with each winner receiving 1,000,000 Skywards Miles.
• DSF 25 Home Makeovers: In collaboration with Home Center, one of Dubai’s leading home furnishing brands, DSF has created a promotion where shoppers have the chance to enter the draw to become one of 25 winners of a stylish home makeover.
• DSF x 1000: Shoppers spending AED 100 at any participating outlet in Meraas’ destinations: City Walk, La Mer, Al Seef, The Beach, Box Park, Bluewaters and The Outlet Village will receive a raffle coupon to be in with a chance of being selected as one of 25 daily winners of an AED 1,000 gift card. One thousand winners are waiting to be selected, with AED 1 million worth of prizes to be awarded.
• INFINITI Mega Raffle: This year, the INFINITI Mega raffle is offering DSF visitors the chance to drive away in an INFINITI QX50 car plus AED 200,000 in cash every single day of DSF. To enter, simply buy a raffle ticket for AED 200 for the chance to win the daily prize. In addition, one lucky DSF shopper will go home with a grand prize of AED 1 million in cash at the end of DSF. Tickets can be purchased from Enoc and Epco petrol stations, Dubai Metro stations and Global Village.
• Nissan Grand Raffle: The Nissan Grand raffle will offer DSF shoppers the chance to win one of five Nissan models – Nissan Patrol 2020, Nissan Pathfinder 2019, Nissan X-TRAIL 2020, Nissan Kicks 2020 and Nissan Sentra 2020 – simply by purchasing items worth a minimum of AED 25 from any EPCO or ENOC station. In total, 33 cars will be given away during DSF.
• Emirates Airline: Anyone who purchases an Emirates economy class ticket to Dubai from now until 1 February 2020 with a return journey between 26 December 2019 and 5 February 2020 will enjoy an extra 10-kilogram baggage allowance for all their DSF shopping purchases on the return trip home. This offer is limited to certain countries, for more information visit www.mydsf.ae.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | UHURUTO MAZE | The 8-year relationship of the President and his deputy