Ex-IEBC Commissioner Akombe says Ezra Chiloba threatened her over Msando murder inquiry
Former IEBC commissioner Roselyn Akombe now claims she got a threatening message from former IEBC CEO Ezra Chiloba.
The message, she says, was sent after she made it clear that she would be testifying before a Judicial Inquest into the murder of the late Chris Msando.
“Dear Roselyn, do not attempt to rewrite history, our silence is not your silence, yours, Eza,” the message to Akombe from Chiloba read.
Through a message posted on her verified Twitter account, Akombe said Kenyans deserve the truth- and she would be giving it to them.
On 29 July, I said I will testify at an independent judicial inquest into the murder of my colleague Chris.
— Dr. Roselyn Akombe (@DrRoselynAkombe) August 1, 2020
Msando was found murdered and his body dumped in a thicket in Kikuyu, Kiambu County with his wrists slit nearly a week after he went missing. A year later, the file is still with the investigating team.
Msando’s death if not resolved, will join the long list of pending murder files that include that of controversial businessman Jacob Juma and former Kabete MP George Muchai among others.
According to police, the IEBC ICT deputy director reportedly parked his vehicle at Roysambu on the fateful day at about 11pm and got off alone before walking into one of the apartments in the area.
A security guard who told police he saw Mr Musando said he did not know which house he went into after parking his car.
Earlier on Friday at about 10pm, Mr Musando, who is in charge of ICT systems and data centre support, was seen at Anniversary Towers, the electoral agency’s headquarters.
“The last communication from him is an SMS text sent to one of his colleagues at around 3:00 am on Saturday morning. The content of the SMS suggests that he was conscious and fully aware of his itinerary for that day,” read a police statement sent to newsrooms on Sunday.
Mr Musando’s wife, Elva Else Auma Buyu, had filed a missing person report at the Embakasi Police Station informing police that his three phones went unanswered.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Former sports CS Hassan Wario convicted over Rio games scam