Ex-Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero to appear in court
Former Governor of Nairobi Evans Kidero is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday morning.
According to the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), Evans Kidero and seven others will be arraigned to be charged with several offenses of graft and economic crime.
“EACC has been conducting investigations into allegations of abuse of office, money laundering, bribery, conflict of interest and failure to protect public property by senior Government officials,” the agency said.
Evans Kidero was arrested on Wednesday evening at a Nairobi hotel and swiftly taken to the EACC headquarters. He would later spend the night in police custody.
The Director of Public Prosecutions said there is sufficient evidence to charge Evans Kidero and his co-accused:
“The Commission forwarded the investigations file and documentary exhibits vide a letter dated July 13, 2018 together with a report under section 35 of the Anti-corruption & Economic Crimes Act (ACECA).
“The DPP has independently reviewed the file and material submitted to him and is satisfied that the persons named are criminally culpable jointly and severally.”
The other suspects include:
- Lilian Wanjiru Ndegwa- Former County Secretary NCC
- Jimmy Mutuku Kiamba- Former CFO-NCC
- Stephen Ogaga Osiro- Former H/o County Treasury
- Luke Mugo Gatimu- Ag Chief Officer Finance
- Maurice Ochieng Okere- Ag Head of County Treasury
- Gregory Mwakanongo- CEC Member- Finance & Economic Planning
- John Githua Njogu -Lodwar Wholesalers/Ngurumani Traders Ltd
- Grace Njeri Githua- Lodwar wholesalers /Ngurumani Traders Ltd
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: On Viusasa, now you can download your videos and play them back later