Explosive device found at dusitD2, taken for detonation in safe area
Bomb experts from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) are still combing the scene of the dusitD2 attack at 14 Riverside.
On Thursday, an explosive device was discovered even as police urged Kenyans not to be alarmed.
“So far one explosive has been found and taken for detonation in a safe area. This is to caution members of the public not to panic should they hear a blast since it will be a safe blast,” the DCI said.
Reports had earlier emerged that the attackers set up booby traps at dusitD2 hotel during the attack to ward off security forces.
All the attackers were killed as investigations into how they planned the attack and who funded the operation continue.
Several people have since been arrested even as the country mourns dozens of those who perished.
Red Cross on Thursday said 19 people are still missing raising fears of a death toll higher than 21 as was earlier indicated by government agencies.
Al Shabaab have claimed responsibility for the attack and linked it to U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Sossion: What is happening to KNUT is a test for labour movement in this country | NEWSNIGHT |