Ferdinand Waititu missing in court, lawyer says he tested positive for COVID-19
The corruption case against former Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu and his co-accused was adjourned after he failed to appear in court.
Lawyer John Swaka who is representing Waititu told the court that the former Kiambu boss tested positive for COVID-19.
“We are not ready to proceed. Waititu has been unwell since last week and I am informed that he exhibited symptoms and was directed to take the test which confirmed the position of COVID-19. Before he can mingle up with the public he was asked to isolate himself,” Swaka said.
The prosecution was served with the medical report and said they were satisfied with the document from Lancet Laboratory.
The case had come up for hearing on Monday morning and four witnesses were to testify.
Waititu was charged with six counts linked to a Ksh. 580million irregular tender.
He was charged alongside his wife Susan Wangari Ndung’u and eight others following a recommendation by Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji .
Among the eight suspects are Kiambu County employees and three companies.
The governor was accused of conflict of interest and dealing with suspect property.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | TEEN PREGNANCY PANDEMIC | Many girls will not resume schools when they partially open on Monday