Fire breaks out at Lenana School dormitory


Fire breaks out at Lenana School dormitory
Fire breaks out at Lenana School on Monday, March 2, 2020. PHOTO| CITIZEN DIGITAL

In Summary

  • The school principal William Kipkemei said the incident took place while the learners were at the assembly.
  • No casualties were reported from the inferno that broke out at around 7am.
  • The school board chair Samson Ndegwa said personal items of all the students residing in the dormitory named Tom Mboya house were destroyed and nothing was salvaged.

Property of unknown value was destroyed on Monday morning after a fire broke out in one of the dormitories at Lenana School in Nairobi.

The school principal William Kipkemei said the incident took place while the learners were at the assembly.

No casualties were reported from the inferno that broke out at around 7am.

The school board chair Samson Ndegwa said personal items of all the students residing in the dormitory named Tom Mboya house were destroyed and nothing was salvaged.

The fire is suspected to have been caused by an electric fault.

Fire fighters were still trying to contain the fire at 10.30am.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate

Avatar
Story By Erick Owenga
More by this author