Fire scare at Barclays Bank in Muranga town
A fire scare was on Monday afternoon reported at the Barclays Bank branch in Murang’a town after smoke was seen billowing from the facility.
In a statement confirming the incident, the bank said the smoke was caused by an electrical fault in one of the air conditioning machines, which then triggered the fire alarm.
“Smoke from the faulty machine set off the fire alarm and the fire brigade responded immediately. The situation has been contained and we can confirm that there were no injuries or damage of property,” said the bank.
Murang’a Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) Julius Rutere told Citizen Digital that preliminary investigations indicate there was no foul play in the incident.
“So far now we are not suspecting any foul play we are taking the cause of the fire to be an electric fault but that is subject to confirmation. We will call the fire people to confirm the same,” said Mr. Rutere.
The branch was closed for Easter holidays at the time of the incident.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | CANCER COUNTRY | Pain of cancer patients across country [Part 1]