Form 3 student dies after allegedly ingesting spray for ticks


Form 3 student dies after allegedly ingesting spray for ticks

A student from Poror High School in Koibatek, Baringo County died after allegedly ingesting ticks spray.

Area Chief Kennedy Kiago said the Form 3 student has been staying at home after he was suspended over cases of indiscipline.

His father was at their home in Matumaini village when the incident occurred.

He was reportedly preparing to return the boy to school on Thursday.

However, when he went to look for him, he found him laying lifeless with a bottle of Triatix next to him.

Triatix is used as a spray in cattle dips to control ticks.

According to Chamgei Fm, the form 2 student was suspended from school over serious indiscipline cases and was supposed to be accompanied to school by his parent.

In March this year, the Daily Nation reported that suicide cases are rising at an alarming rate.

Dr Margaret Kagwe, a counsellor, told the Daily Nation that parents are too busy working to help their children to develop life skills at a tender stage.

According to her, youngsters tend to find suicide an easy way out when confronted with realities of life

“Teenage[hood] is the stage where the individual engages in ‘search for identity’. It is also referred to as the stage of turmoil while transitioning from childhood to adulthood. If the identity crisis is not successfully resolved, fitting in becomes a big issue. Coupled with academic and social challenges, depression can set in, and suicide becomes an exit route,” Dr Kagwe said as quoted in the local daily.

 

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: | WESTLANDS UNDERWORLD | Crooks, gov’t officials named in plot to grab man’s property

Avatar
Story By Kiprotich Kimetto
More by this author