Form One admission extended to January 24
Form One admission has been extended to January 24 to achieve 100percent transition, Education PS Belio Kipsang said on Friday.
Initially, the exercise had been scheduled to end on Friday, January 17.
“In order to ensure no learner is left behind, the Ministry has made a decision to extend the reporting deadline by seven days,” the PS said in a letter to all education officials in the country.
He further ordered that all learners be traced and their data to be captured in the National Education Management Information System (NEMIS).
Children who are still missing after the deadline lapses are to be reported to the relevant education authorities.
Over 1 million candidates are expected to be admitted to secondary schools this year.
In February last year, only 87percent of students had enrolled into secondary schools.
This forced the Government to ran a last mile campaign to push candidates to school.
Some counties were impressive, posting rates of up to 90percent; however, others like Tana River, Kwale, Isiolo, Samburu and Lamu counties had lower figures.
It was reported that some of the cases were due to cultural practices.
School infrastructure and teacher manpower will be a key determinant for the success of the 100% transition dream.
Additional report from Sam Gituku
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | TEEN PREGNANCY PANDEMIC | Many girls will not resume schools when they partially open on Monday