Form One selection for 2019 students to begin next week
The Education Ministry has said the Form One selection exercise will begin next week.
In a statement, the ministry said the exercise would involve two levels; national and regional.
“The Cabinet Secretary will preside over the exercise where selection lists for National schools will be issued,” the statement from Director General Elyas Abdi reads.
It adds that the national launch will take place on December 3 while the regional one is scheduled for December 5.
Education CS Amina Mohamed earlier indicated that all the 1,060,759 pupils who sat for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) will join secondary school.
“The examination is just a rite of passage for the candidates and it doesn’t mean the end of life for them (based on their performance),” she said in October.
Designated centres for the Form One selection are listed as follows:
- North Rift – Moi Girls High School, Eldoret
- Mombasa – Coast Girls High School
- South Rift – Afraha High School
- Kisumu- Kisumu Polytechnic
- Kakamega – Kakamega High School
- Metropolitan – Mang’u High School
- Central – Nyeri Technical
- Machakos – Machakos Boys High School
- Garissa – NEP Girls’ High School
- Meru – Kaaga Girls High School
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: On Viusasa, now you can download your videos and play them back later