Former Kericho County officer Peter Kipyegon Kosgey, six others arrested over Ksh.5.6M tender award
Peter Kipyegon Kosgey, a former officer at the Kericho County Government, and six other suspects have been arrested over alleged corruption in the award of a Ksh.5.6million tender.
This after investigations into complaints over a contract that was awarded for the construction of Bae – Kapsimotwet Kibaraa Road in Belgut.
“Among the issues established during the investigations include that the county officials irregularly awarded contract No. CGK/Q033/RD/2015- 2016 …to Jawlink Logistics Limited at a tender sum of Ksh. 5,600,000,” a statement from the anti-corruption agency reads.
It was also alleged that a county official involved in the tender process was a Director of Jawlink Logistics Limited.
According to the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, the company was neither prequalified by the county government nor registered with the National Construction Authority.
The suspects who were arrested on Wednesday include:
- Peter Kipyegon Kosgey (Former Chief Officer in-charge of Public Works, Roads and Transport, Kericho County)
- Joash Chirchir (Civil Engineer, Kericho County)
- Charles Mabwai (Procurement Officer, Kericho County)
- Aaron Waiharo Njoroge (Accountant, Kericho County)
- Stanley Ruto Cheruyot (Roads Inspector, Kericho County)
- Lilian Chepkoech Kirui (Roads Inspector, Kericho County/ Director of Jawlink Logistics Limited)
- John Kimutai Rotich (Director, Jawlink Logistics Limited)
One more suspect, Japheth Kipgenoh Director (Jawlink Logistics Limited) has been directed to present himself at the nearest EACC offices.
The Director of Public Prosecutions has issued consent to apprehend and charge all the eight suspects with various offences under the Anti-Corruption and Economic Crimes Act No. 3 of 2003 and for violation of Procurement Laws.
The suspects will be arraigned at the Anti-Corruption Court in Kericho on Thursday, June 11, 2020.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate