Gov’t to begin mass testing for coronavirus on Sunday
The government will on Sunday, March 29 embark on a mass testing for more than 2000 persons, who arrived in the country from last Sunday March 22, 2020, and are currently under mandatory quarantine in various designated hotels and government facilities.
According to Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe, the testing will be done in line with World Health Organization guidelines on testing for the virus, and in accordance with one’s arrival date.
“This exercise will also be extended to all close contacts of confirmed cases, who have been monitored for at least five days by our contact follow-up teams,” said CS Kagwe in a press briefing on Sunday.
As of Friday, March 27 the number of confirmed cases in Kenya stood at 31, with two patients being at the Aga Khan hospital ICU.
The Health Cabinet Secretary said medical teams have so far identified 1,067 individuals believed to be close contacts of the patients who have tested positive.
Out of the 1,067, 136 had been discharged after completing the 14 day mandatory follow up period.
“We are now remaining with 931 close contacts that our contact tracing teams are monitoring,” said CS Kagwe.
Meanwhile, five individuals admitted at the Mbagathi Hospital awaiting their test results.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate