Infant twins perish in Bondo fire


Infant twins perish in Bondo fire

Five-months-old twins were burnt beyond recognition after a fire razed down their parents’ house at Migiro village Uyawi in Bondo on Sunday.

The twins, identified as Faith and Blessing, are said to have been sleeping in the house when it caught fire.

According to the Uyawi sub-location assistant chief Michael Amolo Osare, the incident took place when the children’s mother Janet Aoko had gone to fetch water while their father George Otieno, a fisherman, was on his normal fishing expedition in the lake.

The administrator told Radio Ramogi that the children’s mother had instructed her brother in-law Patrick Onyango to take care of the twins in case they woke up while she was still away.

However, the assistant chief said that the brother in-law disappeared after the incident.

Mr Osare said the bodies have been taken to the  Bondo sub-County Hospital mortuary as investigations begin.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: Some MPs plan to shoot down Uhuru\'s proposal on VAT

Story By George Amolo
More by this author