Joho, Kingi security detail withdrawn
Kilifi Governor Amason Kingi on Saturday said that the State has withdrawn his security detail.
Speaking Saturday afternoon in Kilifi, Kingi said all his bodyguards have received instructions to withdraw their services over unspecified reasons.
The ODM Governor, however, blames his troubles on his criticism of the Jubilee administration, insisting that he will continue to be vocal on the misdeeds of the jubilee government.
Further reports also indicate that the bodyguards of Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho have also been withdrawn.
Joho, who recently caused a storm when he accused President Uhuru Kenyatta of hijacking donor-funded development projects at the coas, is currently in Ghana attending the inauguration of President-elect Nana Akufo-Addo.
In March 2016, the two had their security detail withdrawn prompting the Council of Governors to protest and call for their reinstatement.
In a statement, Munya said the Coast Police Commander has failed to provide satisfactory justification for the abrupt action which he says reveals elements of bad faith and abuse of power.
COG chair Peter Munya added that the withdrawal of the security personnel for the Governors demonstrates a clear conflict between discharge of public duties and fulfillment of personal interests.
This followed numerous clashes of Joho with state agencies, incidences he said had been brought about by his political affiliation.
The vocal Governor first clashed with Uhuru on January 9th at the Waitiki title deed ceremony, an exchange that did not go down well with Jubilee supporters.
Shortly after, Customs Bonded Facilities (CFSs) linked to the Mombasa governor were shut down, leading Opposition leaders to allege that Jubilee was using state resources to ‘punish’ Joho – an allegation that the taxman was quick to refute.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: MPs threaten to slash NYS budget