Kapseret MP Oscar Sudi fires back at Governor Joho as their war of words escalates
Kapseret MP, Oscar Sudi has insisted that he will not be apologizing to Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho over the drug trafficking slur.
Instead, the legislator asked Joho to call a presser in Mombasa and apologise to Kenyans and the people of Mombasa for engaging in unlawful business.
In a press statement on Sunday, February 3, Sudi said that Joho’s name was in a list that had been tabled to parliament by the late George Saitoti in 2010.
The list of six names was in a US embassy dossier which the then US ambassador Michael Ranneberger had given to the then Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission
It is referring to the dossier that the outspoken MP has asked Joho to go ahead and sue the four leaders who have previously linked him to the narcotics trade.
“Please go to court with your lawyers, we also have lawyers and we shall assemble and table both the Akasha and George Saitoti reports, “ the MP said in part.
The reports, the MP claims, had linked Joho and several others to drug trafficking long before either of the leaders joined politics.
Sudi’s statement came just days after Governor Joho in a letter drafted by his lawyer Kelvin Ochieng gave four Jubilee leaders a 24-hour ultimatum to apologise to him.
Kikuyu MP Kimani Ichungwa, Didmus Barasa (Kimilili) and Nandi Governor Stephen Sang were part of the four from whom Governor Joho had demanded an apology.
Through the letter, he claimed that the four had linked him to narcotics trade and thus opened him up to public ridicule while dragging his name through the mud.
Governor Joho also wants International Police Organisation (Interpol) to clarify on the authenticity of a controversial letter from November of 2018 that claimed he was on interpol’s organized crimes and drug-trafficking most-wanted list
Although he is not listed in the crime buster’s website, Joho claims the letter which has made rounds on social media has been used by his critics to advance a political agenda aimed at maligning his name.
‘This has caused irreparable damage and will continue to do so if there is no official confirmation from your office on the authenticity or lack thereof of the said statement and notice,” Joho’s letter to Interpol’s boss reads.
The tiff between the Ruto-allied leaders and Joho comes in the wake of the Joho’s sentiments that ODM was opposed to DP Ruto’s 2022 presidential bid.
During a tour of Busia earlier in the year, Joho had claimed that ODM leader Raila Odinga had asked his camp to reject Ruto’s 2022 bid and instead, support Uhuru’s big four agenda.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: NEWSNIGHT | Kalonzo quizzed over claims of support for Uhuru term extension