KCSE candidate dies after allegedly consuming methanol
A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidate in Elgeyo Marakwet has died after allegedly consuming methanol.
Reports indicate that the deadly chemical may have been stolen from their laboratory in Barsumbat Secondary School.
Another student is said to have lost his sight after also consuming the substance.
Sub County Director of Education in the region Evans Onyancha confirmed the incident and revealed that the second victim was a Form Three student.
He however dismissed claims that the students were affected after drinking methanol.
According to him, they had gone on a chang’aa (illicit brew) drinking spree outside the school.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Former sports CS Hassan Wario convicted over Rio games scam