KDF in massive recruitment drive for officers, specialists
- KDF will be hiring medical officers, pharmacists, nursing officers and dentists.
- Other vacancies are for specialist officers in cyber security/digital forensic/IT, engineers, journalists, lawyers, physical training, finance/accounting, statistics and hospitality management/catering.
The Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) has announced a fresh recruitment exercise set to begin on October 28.
An advertisement on the KDF website and Twitter page @kdfinfo said the deadline for application is November 7.
“KDF recruitment is absolutely FREE TO ALL. NO ONE can influence the recruitment process. Report any suspicious activities to the nearest Police Station or a Military Camp,” the advertisement reads.
KDF will be hiring cadets, general duty recruits, constables, medical officers, pharmacists, nursing officers and dentists.
Other vacancies are for specialist officers in cyber security/digital forensic/IT, engineers, journalists, lawyers, physical training, finance/accounting, statistics and hospitality management/catering.
For cadets and constables, required documents are copies of national ID and PIN certificate; those with dual citizenship are not eligible.
They should also provide evidence of physical and medical fitness; they should have no criminal record, not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and have required height.
Minimum height for men is 1.60m (5ft 3in) and for women 1.52m (5ft). Maximum weight for men is 54.55 Kg (120 lb) and for women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
Constables have to either be retired from the KDF Service or National Youth Service (NYS).
They must also be between the ages of 30 and 55 years old for retired KDF and between 35 and 45 years old for retired NYS.
A discharge certificate with a minimum rating of “Very Good” in conduct and at least 9 years Colour Service experience for retired KDF officers is required for Constable applicants.
Education requirements for different positions are as follows:
- General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets – minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one Science subject.
- Specialist Officers – minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. They must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university/institution.
- Servicemen/women (General Duty) recruits – minimum mean grade of D (plain) in KCSE.
- Technicians – minimum mean grade of C (Plain) in KCSE, a relevant Diploma or above from a recognized Institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
- Artisans – minimum mean grade of D+ (Plus) in KCSE and either a relevant certificate with Government Trade Test Grade II or Craft II from a recognized institution.
Other vacancies in the advertisement are:
- medical officers
- nursing officers
- laboratory technologists
- counseling psychologists
- public health officers
- music specialists
- dock masters
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate