KeNHA wants 4 Chinese workers deported for assaulting Kenyan officer
The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) has revealed that it is seeking to have work permits of 4 Chinese contractors involved in the assault of an officer revoked.
A statement to newsrooms said the authority has noted with concern reports from a section of the media regarding the incident that took place last week.
“KeNHA on May 21, 2019 expelled the staff from the project site and has made a recommendation for a cancellation of work permits for the foreign staff involved,” the statement reads.
KeNHA further said that they have directed that the said Chinese staff and one Kenyan staff involved in the assault be replaced within 21 days.
The Chinese staff and Kenyan man had been arrested and appeared in court for physically assaulting a KeNHA officer who was working with them on the Loichangamatak – Lodwar road in Turkana County.
They were however set free on Tuesday after the charges were allegedly dropped.
On Wednesday, KeNHA said they have written to the contractor’s representative China Railway No 5 Engineering Group as the conduct of their staff is against the Conditions of Contract.
“These measures have been taken without prejudice to any criminal proceedings that are ongoing or that may subsequently arise in connection with the conduct of the said staff,” the statement adds.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | WESTLANDS UNDERWORLD | Crooks, gov’t officials named in plot to grab man’s property