Kidero files suit accusing EACC of harassing his tenants
- Kidero accuses EACC of harassing tenants occupying his properties.
- According to documents filed in court, Kidero says searches were being conducted on the claim of undertaking investigations and valuations on properties and establishments he owns.
- The high court is yet to deliver a ruling in a suit he filed last week seeking orders to bar EACC from conducting raids on his property and that of his family.
Former Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero has filed yet another suit against the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC) accusing it of harassing tenants occupying his properties.
According to documents filed in court, Kidero says searches were being conducted on the claim of undertaking investigations and valuations on properties and establishments he owns.
Kidero termed the searches as infringement on his rights.
“The continued action by EACC amounts to a continued violation and infringement of my fundamental rights and freedoms in particular, the protection of right to property,” court documents read.
He claims that on October 18 EACC officers entered two of his properties in Nairobi, harassed, intimidated tenants and proceeded to search and inspect his properties despite a pending case in court.
He further states that on October 19, the officers forcefully gained entry into other properties he owns and handcuffed security guards employed to guard the property and proceeded to search and inspect the property.
In his affidavit he claims that on the 20th of August EACC wrote to the Ministry of Lands indicating that it was investigating allegations of corruption in respect to 13 properties and demanded to be given access to title deed files and related correspondent files.
The former County boss says there is a compelling evidence that EACC will continue with violation and infringement of his fundamental rights, freedoms and economic sabotage if they are not restrained by an order of injunction.
“EACC will not be prejudiced if the order of injunction sought is granted for the reason that it will be at liberty to continue the activities intended to be undertaken in respect of the properties in the event that the applications for conservatory orders is decided in its favor on November 1,” argues Kidero.
The high court is yet to deliver a ruling in a another suit he filed last week seeking orders to bar EACC from conducting raids on his property and that of his family.
On September 20 this year, detectives from the EACC raided Kidero’s home in Muthaiga and later took him to his office on Riverside Drive in Westlands Nairobi, where they mounted a search for documents believed to link him to the corruption charges he is facing.
The former Governor has since pleaded not guilty to three corruption-related charges leading to the loss of Ksh.213 million public funds.
He is accused alongside nine others for services not rendered on diverse dates between January 16, 2014 and January 2016.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate