Kidero’s grilling by Tunoi Tribunal moved to next week
The long awaited questioning of Nairobi Governor Dr. Evans Kidero on whether he bribed suspended Supreme Court Judge Philip Tunoi has been moved to Tuesday next week.
This was after the Sharad Rao-led team made a decision that Kidero and businessman Paul Chirchir should not testify until telephone data from mobile phone operator Safaricom is provided.
The tribunal that adjourned barely twenty minutes after sitting ordered other witnesses be invited for questioning.
Kidero has since criticized the tribunal’s decision saying that he had been forced to cut short his foreign trip to respond to the summons, only to be told to come back next week.
Justice Tunoi’s lead counsel Fred Ngatia has also faulted the pushing forward of the session saying that he had spent the better part of Wednesday night preparing for the session.
This comes just two days after the National Intelligence Service (NIS) disowned a letter presented to the tribunal by the Judiciary Ombudsman Kennedy Bidali.
According to the letter by Bidali, allegedly penned by the NIS, the outcome of the election petition filed by Kabete Member of Parliament Ferdinand Waititu against Kidero was in line with the Ksh 200 million bribe offered.
The NIS, through its director, however, said that the report was a classified document and should not be accepted as evidence in the probe.
Tunoi’s woes began after Kiplagat, a former Kass FM presenter, swore an affidavit alleging that he had delivered Ksh 200 million from Kidero to Justice Tunoi in a bid to influence his ruling in an election petition filed by the now Kabete MP Ferdinand Waititu.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Some MPs plan to shoot down Uhuru\'s proposal on VAT