Murkomen loses Ksh.746K in monthly perks, 3 cars and police escort
Former Jubilee senate leaders Senators Kipchumba Murkomen and Susan Kihika will lose several privileges and perks following their Monday ouster.
During their tenure, the two were enjoying higher pay than their colleagues, had more enhanced security and their luxury fuel guzzlers were paid for by the government.
With the ouster, the pro-Ruto duo will also lose their plush offices and staff who were at their beck and call.
For instance, the ouster will affect Murkomen as follows:
1. His gross salary will reduce from Ksh.1, 056,000 to Ksh.710,000 (normal senators earn a gross of Ksh 710k)
2. His monthly car fuel allowance will reduce from Ksh.100,000 to NIL. Only senators in leadership positions get this fuel card.
3. Allocation of three motor vehicles – all above 4500cc with GK plates for official use will be withdrawn.
4. Allocation of Ksh.300,000 monthly to the Office of Majority Leader, for hospitality will also be withdrawn.
5. Also gone with the wind will be the mandatory police escort that he was entitled to.
6. His allocation of 8 bodyguards, who are all trained police officers has also been withdrawn.
7. His staff who include a researcher, a legal counsel, a fiscal analyst and a media officer have been withdrawn
8. A personal assistant of his choice, paid by GoK, two secretaries, two office assistants, all paid by GOK, have also been withdrawn.
9. Most importantly, he has lost the stature that comes with his former posting; the Majority Leader is leader of government business in the house and gets 30 minutes of uninterrupted time to move the government agenda.
The ouster has been met with criticism from Ruto allies who have accused President Uhuru Kenyatta of running the party as if were private property.
22 Jubilee senators led by Kihika claimed they were not invited to the senate parliamentary group meeting at State House on Monday and opposed the ouster as unlawful.
They also rejected the Jubilee-KANU coalition saying it had not been passed the party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) as required by law.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate