Kilifi Governor Kingi orders stable patients in public hospitals discharged for free
- Governor Kingi, in a statement released on Monday, introduced this among other safety measures as part of efforts to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) after the county recorded one positive case.
- According to the governor, this is aimed at decongesting hospitals in the county and ensuring safe distancing between patients who are admitted.
Kilifi Governor Amason Kingi has now ordered that all patients admitted in public hospitals in the county but are stable and out of danger be discharged forthwith with no charge.
Governor Kingi, in a statement released on Monday, introduced this among other safety measures as part of efforts to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) after the county recorded one positive case.
According to the governor, this is aimed at decongesting hospitals in the county and ensuring safe distancing between patients who are admitted.
The Kilifi County boss also instituted an immediate ban on all boda-boda passenger services saying they can now only be used for cargo and courier services.
“All wholesale and retail shops dealing with items that are not essential to support our day to day lives should close forthwith. Only those shops that are dealing with essentials will remain open and shall strictly observe the hygiene standards already set and other safety measures as earlier communicated,” he said.
“People are advised to stay at home and avoid unnecessary movements/travel unless it’s extremely necessary for one to go out or travel.”
He also directed that tuk-tuks can only carry passenger henceforth, further shutting down all public gyms, play grounds, public recreation centers and cinemas with immediate effect.
“We are monitoring closely how our markets are maintaining hygiene and implementing the social distancing safety measures as earlier advised. Any market found to be flouting these measures will be closed forthwith,” he added.
Governor Kingi is presently under self-quarantine after coming into contact with his deputy Gideon Saburi who is said to have contracted the coronavirus (COVID-19).
He previously said he had also been tested and the results came back negative, adding that he will nevertheless continue to work from home until the expiry of 14 days.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | TALES OF LAMU | Island grappling with an acute shortage of fresh water