Kisii: Man electrocuted to death by neighbour’s illegal power connection
A middle-aged man died on Monday morning after being electrocuted at Nyanuguti village in Kisii County.
The deceased was cutting nappier grass for his cows when he came into contact with a live wire that had been illegally connected by his neighbour, killing him on the spot.
Confirming the incident, Etora Sub-location Assistant Chief Esther Bochere said they suspect the power was illegally connected, due to the tiny wires that were found at the scene.
Immediately after the incident, the person suspected to have done the illegal connection, disconnected the wires and went into hiding.
The incident comes barely a week after Kenya Power South Nyanza Regional Manager, John Guda said the company has incurred a loss of over Ksh.70 million due to illegal connections.
The manager said that apart from losses incurred by the company and customers who are forced to remain without power for up to months, a number of lives have also been lost through electrocution.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate