List of essential services spared in Kenya’s Covid-19 curfew
President Uhuru Kenyatta on Wednesday, March 25, announced the government will impose a daily 7PM to 5AM curfew in a bid to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Addressing the nation from State House, Mr. Kenyatta announced that the curfew will take effect starting Friday.
“Effective Friday, 27 March, 2020; a Daily Curfew from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. shall be in effect in the territory of the Republic of Kenya, with all movement by persons not authorized to do so or not being Medical Professionals, Health Workers,Critical and Essential Services Providers, being prohibited between those hours,” he said.
Here is a list of the essential services that have been spared from the curfew.
1. Medical Professionals&Health Workers
2. National Security, Administration and Co-ordination Officers
3. Public Health and Sanitation officers in the County Governments
4. Licensed Pharmacies and Drug Stores
5. Licensed Broadcasters and Media Houses
6. Kenya Power & Lightening Company Limited
7. Food Dealers, Distributors, Wholesalers & Transporters of Farm Produce
8. Licensed Supermarkets, Mini-Markets and Hypermarkets
9. Licensed Distributors and Retailers of Petroleum and Oil Products and Lubricants
10. Licensed Telecommunication Operators and Service Providers
11. Licensed Banks, Financial Institutions and Payment Financial Services
12. Fire Brigade and other Emergency Response Services
13. Licensed security firms
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | TEEN PREGNANCY PANDEMIC | Many girls will not resume schools when they partially open on Monday