Man, 35, burnt in midnight inferno
A 35-year-old man died and property worth millions of shillings destroyed after a midnight inferno broke out at the Mauche Trading Centre in Njoro, Nakuru County.
The fire that is suspected to have resulted from a cigarette flick by a drunkard started at around 11:00 pm.
The fire consumed several accommodation houses, business premises and rental houses, all belonging to a Mr Arap Chepkwony and his business partner, Kipyegon Mutai.
Mauche location chief, Recho Rop, addressing the press Saturday, October 22 morning said the fire overwhelmed the residents who had turned up to help put it out.
The body of the deceased, identified as Samuel Kanyi and who was a prominent potato seller, was removed to Molo Hospital mortuary.
Written by Lucy Akinyi
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Guns galore