Man dies after being accidentally electrocuted in Kisii


Electricity pole

A sombre mood engulfed Boronyi village in Kisii County after a middle aged man died after he was accidentally electrocuted.

According to neighbours, the man met his death when a branch of a tree he was cutting fell on a high voltage electricity line killing him instantly.

Residents are now blaming Kenya Power for not clearing the trees near the electricity poles.

Police have moved the body of the deceased to Kisii Teaching and Referral Hospital mortuary.

This comes a month after a Kenya Power electrician was electrocuted at Chemelet village, Bomet County while connecting a cable to a newly installed transformer.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: Man allegedly killed by uncle over Ksh.9M insurance cover #MurderForProfit

Story By Daisy Ngetich
More by this author