Man who arrived from Zambia put on quarantine in Gatundu South
A middle-aged man who arrived in Gatundu South from Zambia on Sunday has been put on quarantine after examination by health workers.
The officials from Gatundu South said he did not have any signs of the COVID-19 disease but had complained of pain in his throat and chest as well as a headache.
They said he will be monitored for the next 14 days.
The man is said to have boarded a matatau from Nairobi to Kiganjo and then took a boda boda to Kiuu village.
He lives with the grandmother in the same house.
Residents have however been assured that there is no cause for alarm.
According to the Lusaka Times, six more coronavirus cases were confirmed in Zambia on Saturday bringing the total number to 28.
Three of the recent cases are said to have travelled from Pakistan while the other three had physical contact with some of the first patients who tested positive.
In Kenya, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe announced 7 more cases of coronavirus on Saturday: the total number now stands at 38.
He said the new COVID-19 infections were part of 81 suspected cases tested at various laboratories in the country within the past 24 hours.
The 7 new cases, all of which he said were recorded in Nairobi County, are four Kenyans, two Congolese and one Chinese national.
CS Kagwe also said four of them had a history of travel from countries with active transmissions of the disease while one had been to Mombasa and the other two are contacts of previous cases.
Two other patients have since tested negative and are set to undergo another test for final confirmation.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Former sports CS Hassan Wario convicted over Rio games scam