Migori people living with disability storm governor’s office
Migori County government finally bowed to pressure and called for an impromptu public participation forum in the governor’s office premises after people living with disability stormed the office of the governor demanding for Ksh30 million for failure to turn up for the public participation programme that had been slated for Sunday, December 5.
Over 300 people living with disability reached a consensus with the county government officer from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Gender Affairs after the officers availed the policy document that has been an obstacle to the release of the money.
Led by their County Organising Secretary, Mr Albert Matara, the PWDs said they want the county government to submit the policy document to the county assembly so it can be effected.
Mr Matara said they are going to organize themselves into groups, as the policy demands, so that they can benefit from the allocation as soon as the assembly passes it.
Migori County director in charge of Youth, Sports, Gender and Culture, Mr Silas Jonyo, said they are committed to see that the policy is made into law so that people living with disabilities can get the Ksh30 million allocated to them in the current and previous financial year.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate